Kerr's Corner

Kerr's Corner is a regular feature in East Antrim and Newtownabbey editions of The Wizard. David Kerr would like to hear your memories of life in your own area. Maybe you'll trigger some thoughts for a future column. kerrscorner@ulsteronline.org.uk

Wednesday, March 10, 2004

Notes in the margin

The ink had barely dried on last issue’s piece on the Class of 74 when I met an old classmate I haven’t seen since leaving Rathcoole Secondary School nearly thirty years ago.

I was standing in Fountain Street discussing the ‘science of self-realisation’ and the merits of Krishna Consciousness with an earnest young man when a man who seemed vaguely familiar interrupted us. He recognised me but I had to be prompted. He was John Jenkins; once a regular star in the annual school plays and now a successful builder in the East Antrim area. He told me that he’s often thought of holding a school reunion. I think it’s a great idea! Kerr’s Corner will keep you posted if anything develops out of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home