Kerr's Corner

Kerr's Corner is a regular feature in East Antrim and Newtownabbey editions of The Wizard. David Kerr would like to hear your memories of life in your own area. Maybe you'll trigger some thoughts for a future column. kerrscorner@ulsteronline.org.uk

Monday, September 18, 2006

The Restaurant Detective – By Alan Thompson

Bar 75 at The Clarion Hotel
I FOUND myself in Carrick for The Restaurant Detective review this week and I wasn’t to be disappointed.

The prestigious Clarion Hotel was the setting for my gourmet review in the Hotel’s Bar 75. There were no less than nine starters on offer and after much deliberation I plumped for the Peking Duck Spring Rolls. These were served with Asian Salad and Hoi Sin Sauce. What a delight, perfectly crispy and superbly presented.

For the main course I wasn’t too adventurous, choosing a 10-oz Sirloin Steak. The steak was served as I ordered it (medium to well done). I say this because in my last two visits to other establishments in Carrick I’ve had to send my steak back to the kitchen to have it cooked the way I requested. However, there’s no such problems or hassle at the Clarion – the steak was cooked to perfection.

I had a side order of French-Fries, nice and chunky and tasty. Great! Fresh Fruit Pavlova followed (and it was fresh) washed down with a pot of coffee.

The setting was family friendly, excellent menu choice, good service and (I felt given the quality of the food) good value also. Total Bill: £26.25.

Clarion Hotel, Carrickfergus. Tel: 028 9336 4556.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home